Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dinner

Cooking dinner tonight was a great example of how interfaith life can work out well. Tonight I was making beef tips. Normally I would use flour to thicken the gravy with the tips and serve it over pasta.

Tonight was different.
It is Passover.
I don't eat pasta or flour during Passover.

While I am not Jewish yet, I feel the need to follow the rules and traditions. James, being Christian, doesn't follow the traditions.

So back to dinner tonight. I cooked the beef tips like normal. Just before I would have put the flour in to make the gravy, I took out enough of the beef that I would want to eat. This way, James could have the gravy he wanted, and I could have beef yet.

If only all nights were this easy...

Oh yeah, and James made potatos. :)

1 comment: